Bucket-list project by DanielMacKay to provide an online index to the AtlanticHistoryAndArchivesNetwork which would be link-able to this encyclopedia -- so that source materials, both their locations and scanned versions of the documents, could be easily referenced from articles here.
The database would catalog items (documents, objects, photographs) in various collections. Research in the HistoryProject can refer to items in the Archive by the Accession Number.
Database fields would probably include:
- Collection ID (whose collection are these items in or from?)
- Accession Number (if the items had been previously accessioned, don't change the number - just add the Collection ID)
- Part Number (optional) if the item is in parts. The main number can describe the overall object, there can be further information about each part.
- Date made. This is not a simple date field as it has to accomodate several concepts:
- Exact date
- circa - "circa 1970" "circa May 1970"
- before - "before August 2000", "before 1980"
- after - ditto
- description of the item written in KWIC style
- Physical location of the item
- URL of the item if it's on line
- Medium - 8.5x11 document, other size document, object, photograph, audio recording, video recording etc.
- Named Persons, a list of people related to the thing.
- Date Accessioned
- Accessioned By (Editors must log in using a password, this field is automatically filled in from their login information.)