The Big List
Here are some highlights:
- If you're in danger, call 911. I'm not kidding. Most of the organizations are not set up to deal with emergencies.
- If you need someone to talk to, call the Help Line 421-1188, or Youth Help Line, 1-800-420-8336
- AidsCoalition of Nova Scotia
- Anonymous HIV Testing Clinic 201-6009 Quinpool Road, Halifax (902) 455-9656
- AIDS Coalition of Cape Breton 902-567-1766, Box 177, Sydney, B1P 6H1
- NSRAP -- http://www.nsrap.ca/
- Cape Breton GLBT Youth Support Group PO Box 745, Sydney NS B1P 6H7. 794-6250. Social, safe space for youth 18 and under to meet. Leave a message with the office personnel and a Youth Group facilitator will return your call asap, using discretion when necessary.
- Youth Pride Group, Bridgewater - Contact through Second Story Women's Centre, 543-1315, or email email@example.com.
- PFLAG Canada (Parents, Families, and Friends of Lesbians and Gays) PFLAG Nova Scotia Amherst - Email firstname.lastname@example.org Annapolis Valley (Wolfville) - call - Joan and Fred 902-681-3622 Halifax and Dartmouth - call - Don and Sylvia Sullivan 902-479-1856 or Ron Garnett-Doucette 902-443-3747 Pictou County - call Ellen Ryan 902-752-3596
- Sexuality and U http://www.sexualityandu.ca/eng/
- GayFriendlyDoctors (http://www.liebes-jahreshoroskop.com/)
- Sweetgrass & Sage Counselling and Therapeutic Services. Sweetgrass & Sage is an organization of helping professionals with expertise in many clinical areas as well as several decades of experience providing clinical care to various populations. Located in downtown Halifax we provide safe and supportive counselling to the gay, lesbian, bi-sexual, transgenered and two-spirited communities. Call 830-2254 or email email@example.com
- Therapeutic Massage. Judy Bell is a Registered Massage Therapist proudly serving our rainbow community. http://www.springtidetherapeuticmassage.ca (902) 818-6259 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- VenusEnvy http://www.venusenvy.ca has lots of greats books on gender and identity, as well as sexuality and coming out. 1598 Barrington Street, Halifax 902-422-0004
- BLT-Womyn Discussion Group Bi-sexual, Lesbian, Transgendered womyn's group. See the page for more info
- TransFamily Halifax area Support Group Support Group for parents and family members of Transgendered Children, Youth and Adults. Share this incredible journey with other families, extended families, parents, siblings and friends of transgendered individuals. Please contact us at email@example.com http://horoscope.boosites.com