PFLAG Canada - Halifax, NS
PFLAG Halifax meets on the first Thursday of every month from 6:00 to 9:00 p.mm at the Halifax YouthProject (2281 Brunswick St).
For more information or to volunteer, please contact Michelle Malette at mailto:email@example.com or 902-431-8500
- PFLAG returns to Halifax; first meeting held at the YouthProject.
- RonGarnettDoucette writes: At our last meeting/social this Sunday [December 07, 2008], it was decided that the Halifax PFLAG group dissolve. This comes mostly from a dwindling membership over the past number of years and a lot of the mom’s and dad’s who were involved, were no longer in need of support. I’ll miss the monthly meetings but have to agree with their decision. The 15 years I’ve been involved, I’ve met some wonderful people.
- Support, education and resources. Meetings were held in individual homes.
- Contact on the PFLAG Canada Site: RonGarnettDoucette
This page is part of the HistoryProjectTodoList
- When did it start -- The Halifax Group started in February, 1994. PFLAG started back in 1972 by Jeanne Manford - there is an interview of Jeanne Manford on YouTube? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCYZ5VC42v0
- Who started it? -- It was started by a small group of gay and lesbian individuals, however after a year, this group stepped back and let the mom's and dad's run it.
- Who have been involved in its lifetime?
- Why was the meeting location chosen?
- What were major activities over the life of the organization? To support and educate parents, family members and friends who had g/l/b/t loved ones in their lives.
- Why did it cease to exist?