- Born in Toronto, Ontario.
- Grew up in Tignish, P.E.I.; spent 20 years in Charlottetown, moved to Halifax in 2004, moved to Toronto in 2011.
- Founding member of P.E.I. Writer's Guild in 1989.
- Founding member of Abegweit Rainbow Collective in 1999.
- Mr Leather P.E.I. in 2003.
- MAC Leather 2004 Mr. Atlantic Canada Leather winner.
- Chief judge for MacLeather 2006 competition.
- Freelance writer and editor, amateur photographer.
- Editor of ARCQuarterly (2000-2001)
- Editor of WayvesMagazine to September 2011; contributed features and monthly column, "The Last Word."
- Contributed a column to WayvesMagazine, "The 416er," up to December, 2012.
- Works at Pink Triangle Press.