The first annual Tour of Gay Halifax, the "Halifax Queer Gaybourhood Tour", was on Saturday, November 5, 2002. The tour began at the SecondCup downtown at 1:30 PM and was hosted by ArtistsAgainstOppression, a local production company of gay-friendly and gay events.
Tickets for this premiere, one-of-a-kind event were $5 and could be purchased online by e-mailing JessAbramson, the company's co-owner, or RyanStevens, or at VenusEnvy. The tour itineary included:
- SecondCup - over coffee, enjoy live spoken word performances at the tour's beginning as well as conversation with ArtistsAgainstOppression
- VenusEnvy - get a free goodie bag for participating in this event as well as a 10% discount on all purchases made during this tour stop. There will also live performance by Ryan Stevens of IntensityDance, who will talk about local gay entertainment.
- ReflectionsCabaret - former Mr. Reflections will give a chat about doing drag and about the Reflections vibe
- LocalResources - YouthProject, SexualHealthCentre, DalOut. Information about the resources each provides.
- CitadelHill, where a student doing his thesis on queer outdoor sex will give us the lowdown