Trans Family Nova Scotia
Are you a family with a transgender child, looking to reach out and connect with other families with transgender children?
- Your child might be a young child, a pre-teen, a teenager, a young adult or even a grown adult.
- Maybe your child expresses their gender identity in ways that seem unusual to you, is questioning, transitioning or has already transitioned.
- You might have questions or concerns about your child, who has not been identified as transgender, and you feel a need to learn more through the experiences of other parents and families.
- Maybe you are struggling, barely coping, embarrassed, sad, angry or just plain stuck and need a safe place to share those feelings.
- You might be accepting, advocating, embracing and/or ready to assist in supporting and empowering others and their family.
- Maybe you would like to participate in discussions or just listen to discussions, on everyday life events and how they specifically affect our trans children and other members of our families.
- You might be some or all of the above!
Would you like to be able to have contact by phone or just be able to sit in a room with other families who share your triumphs and your struggles, your joys and your heartbreak?
We are the family of a transitioning child and would love to share this incredible journey with other families, extended families, parents, siblings and friends of transgender individuals.
If you think you fit in anywhere above, please contact us to find out when our next meeting is. For more information, please contact Michelle at email@example.com or 902-431-8500. You can also view the Facebook group.
- March, 2009
- Ad appears in WayvesMagazine: "Supporting: partners, parents, allies so they can do a better job of supporting the trans-identified person in their life!" Meets 3rd Monday of each month at the YouthProject. Contact 431-8500, firstname.lastname@example.org
- July, 2013
- Trans Family marches in Halifax Pride parade with NSRAP.