This page describes how to post events to the Gay Halifax LocalEvents page.
If the following instructions are not clear, just email your event particulars to mailto:email@example.com and we'll add it for you.
Don't worry about messing up anything; every revision is kept forever, and the whole system is monitored and backed up multiple ways, several times a day.
For Non-Repeating Events
- Find the calendar for the month for your event in LocalEvents
- Click on the day of, or the starting day of, your event
- If there are no events for that day already, you'll get an editing window and you can just type or paste your event in. Otherwise, click "Edit this page" at the bottom of the page.
- Enter the information using "Style Tips" information below.
- You can preview what the page will look like before you save, with the Preview button.
- Once you're happy with it, add a small comment to "What did you change" box and your name in the "username:" box and click "Save".
- Click "Events" at the top or bottom of any page to see the whole events calendar.
For Repeating, Regular Events:
- Start your event with a SEMICOLON, the time of the event, and a COLON, a space like this:
; 7:30pm : '''Hike Around The Citadel''' sponsored by GayHalifax; meet at the Wanderer's Grounds.
- bold two or three words to make them stand out with three single tic marks as in the example above
- write venues and important people's names as links if you know them;
- place one blank line between each event.
- more sophisticated formatting and linking info can be found on the page TextFormattingRules
- Don't worry about messing anything up - there are several editors for this system who regularly check new entries.
Multi Day Events
For subsequent days of multi-day events, just use few words describing the event, and a reference to the starting day in double brackets, for example:
; 7.30pm '''Hike Around The Citadel''' continued. See [[2006-09-20]] for details.
This page is in HowtoCategory