MortonHouse

Morton House

pic28 Sep 1988 inspection

Morton House was a residence / hospice for persons living with AIDS, established by the nonprofit Churchmembers Assembled to React to AIDS (CARAS) which provided all kinds of assistance to persons with AIDS.1

The building, 2277 Brunswick Street, was built in 1864 and bought by CARAS on November 4, 19882 It was right next door to the YouthProject.

The facility was named after FrankMorton, who died of AIDS related complications.3

A full organizational and financial history of the house and CARAS can be found in the RainbowSeniorsArchive.


This page NeedsContent.

Footnotes:

2. CARAS archive documents
3. June 16, 2020 FB conversation with JudiMilne?