Nova Scotia Rainbow Action Project
In 1995, about a year after the GaeGala folded, Nova Scotians who attended a conference in Ottawa noticed that nobody could address queer issues back home. Since January 1996, NSRAP has been meeting every three months, and was officially incorporated in February of 2000.
Mission Statement: We seek to foster change in our communities and our society at large so that people of all sexual orientations are valued and included. We will achieve this through: Community Development, Networking, Outreach, Education & Political Action.
- Announcement made regarding formation. See NsrapNeedsHelp.
- February 17, 2000
- NSRAP was incorporated as a non-profit society
- February 12, 2005
- Valentine's Dinner & fundraiser with special guest Gilles Marchildon, Exec Director of EGALE Canada. Organized by AdamDolliver?.
- 2007 Board
- SeanForeman (Past Chair), DarleneYoung, ElaineCraig? (Vice Chair), GastonSaulnier? (Secretary), JennNearing?, CatherineMeade, KevinKindred (Chair), HugoDann, AnnLevangie?, MathewNumer?, LaurieStephensen? (Treasurer). Coordinator - CharlesHseun?, Member at large - EricMacDonald.
- March, 2010
- Report: Towards a Home for the LGBT Community in Nova Scotia The Rainbow Community Centre Project (pdf) The excutive summary was published in the May 2010 Wayves.
- 2010/11 Board
- Matthew Numer, Chair, Lisa Buchanan, Vice-Chair, Sean Foreman, Treasurer, Christine Hunt, Secretary, Kevin Kindred, Past Chair Catherine Meade, MAL, Robert Allan, Curtis Cartmill, Scott Comber, Sarah Connolly, Elaine Craig, Colin Green, Lynn Murphy, Nathaniel Smith, Lucas Thorne-Humphrey; Hugo Dann, Executive Director (Ex officio)
- 2011/12 Board
- Officers: MattNumer? – Chair CurtisCartmill? – Vice-Chair; DougBungay? – Treasurer; SeanForeman – Past Chair; MargaretDenike? – Member-at-large; KevinKindred – Ex-officio advisor; MeredithEvans? – Secretary. Directors: JohnBritton?, BrendaMerritt?, AlanaMurray?, RosemaryPorter, NathanSmith?, AdamSterling?, LucasThorneHumphrey?.
- November 04, 2011
- NSRAP signs lease for former SafeHarbour space in VeithHouse.
- June 23, 2012
- Annual General Meeting where the following were elected as the new Board of Directors:
- KevinKindred (Chair), RosemaryPorter (Vice-Chair), MattNumer? (Past chair), Kate Shewan (Treasurer), Nathaniel Lewis (Secretary), John Britton (Member-at-Large), Jim Gouthro, Andrew Jantzen, Kate Keough, Justin Leblanc, Brenda Merritt, Alana Murray, Rebecca Rose, Nat Smith, Lucas Thorne-Humphrey