Are you finding club music too loud and too fast? Does it seem far too long since you saw old friends, or met new ones near your own age? You may be looking for a group like the Elderberries. The initiative behind this group comes from the Nova Scotia Rainbow Action Project's Elders Committee, and the Group’s objective is to provide a social get-together for LGBT people aged 50-plus while at the same time giving the group information and support on subjects specifically related to LGBT Elder issues.
All events are potlucks, so get out your recipes!
Events are listed on the Events page. Look for the icon shown here, or search-in-page for "ElderBerries."
If you would like to be notified of events, or have questions, email the coordinator at email@example.com or Like them on Facebook.
- April 7, May, June, July, August, & Supplement, September & Supplement, October (Supplement only), November &, Supplement, December 1
- January 12, February 18, March 21, April 15, May 14, June 20, July 8, July 27, September 17, October 26, December 5
- January 13, February 20, March 13, April 22, May 9, May 21, June 18, July 17, August 16, September 1, October 7, November 6, November 28
- January 8, January 31, February 5, March 4, April 6, May 4, June 1, July 14, August 15, October 6, November 7, December 6
- April 1, May 3, June 1, July 8, August 26, October 1, November 18, December 12
- January 8, February 9, March 5, April 6, May 7, April 6, July 9, September 8, October 1, November 4, December 13.
- January, February
- early history goes here. DanielMacKay says: as I recall this came out of an NSRAP project to reach out to the elders community.
- April 18, 2010
- NSRAP Gathering Of LGBT Elders at the CompanyHouse attended by 34 people. Photo album of the event here
- August 15, 2010
- Public meeting -- HistoryProjectTodoList: who called it? -- at Spencer House. Inaugural Board: LynnMurphy, HalWalsh?, HeatherBurke?, AnitaMartinez, DanielMacKay, NickHonig?, HugoDann (ex officio from NSRAP), Rick. Heather resigned shortly after, and we have no record of which Rick that was.
- November 29, 2010
- one of the first Newsletters indicates that the "Committee" consists of LynnMurphy, AnitaMartinez, HalWalsh?, DanielMacKay and NickHonig?
- April, 2011
- April 2011 Report to NSRAP
- April, 2011
- September Annual Report
- November, 2011
- Publish the 2012 ElderBerries Cookbook
- 2012 ??
- [Date uncertain] The Elderberries win the ISCANS Rainbow Community "Candle" Award. March, 2015: the physical award, a big piece of glass, accidentally was dropped and destroyed.
- October, 2015
- Annual General Meeting: the new Board is AllisonBrewer?, HugoDann (ex officio from NSRAP), LanceLockwood?, DanielMacKay, AnitaMartinez, KenSaunders? & JackWaller?. Lance, Ken & Jack resign a couple of weeks later.
- November, 2016
- WayneCollette? elected to the board